Den Helder has been recognised as a sheltered haven since Napoleon times. In the last 40 years it has grown to become an important offshore hub for the Central and Southern North Sea.
Additionally, with the close proximity of the port and airport, Den Helder offers many advantages:
- Fastest sailing & flying times to 155 production platforms and wind farms (including future planned wind parks).
- Direct deepsea access.
- No locks.
- No tidal restrictions.
- Just over an hour from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (the main international airport in the Netherlands) on the train and by car.
- Offshore workers can fly in from Aberdeen or Esbjerg, arrive in Amsterdam and be at the quayside or the heliport in just 1.5 hours.
- Direct charters into Den Helder Airport from the main offshore centres.
- 30 to 35 flights a day to around 155 production platforms.