- Fastest sailing & flying times to 155 production platforms and wind farms (including future planned wind parks).
- Direct deepsea access.
- No locks.
- No tidal restrictions.
- Just over an hour from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (the main international airport in the Netherlands) on the train and by car.
- Offshore workers can fly in from Aberdeen or Esbjerg, arrive in Amsterdam and be at the quayside or the heliport in just 1.5 hours.
- Direct charters into Den Helder Airport from the main offshore centres.
- 30 to 35 helicopterflights a day to around 155 production platforms.
Fields of work
North Sea Energy Gateway has offshore experts in every sector
We have 40 years experience as an offshore hub and have more than 200 companies active in Oil & Gas, offshore wind, solar and tidal energy, and decommissioning.
When accessibility, business and knowledge come together. The winning combination.
Our service infrastructure is a powerful tool. The close proximity of the port, the local airport and helicopter hub, and more than 200 leading service companies, suppliers and main contractors to the offshore, renewables and maritime industry, as well as renowned knowledge institutes and higher educational facilities, enable us to offer an unrivalled combination.
This strong collaboration provides an all-encompassing offshore hub. Everything needed to thrive is close by for both new maritime and offshore companies and for those flourishing businesses that want to expand. We have the know-how and structure in place to deliver tailor-made offshore services. This strong collaborative approach helps your business save time and money.
- A port, airport, extensive supply chain and respected knowledge centres on the doorstep.
- An unrivalled offshore and renewables hub.
- Unique collaboration results in time and cost efficiencies.